Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

E-Garden Almanac: Thanks to Fort Dodge!

E-Garden Almanac

The E-Garden Almanac is the push-button, real human journal of Kelly D. Norris. All errors, grammatic grievances, and opinions are that of the author. Kelly is a freelance writer and Master Gardener from southwest Iowa. His passion and obsession with horticulture, plants, and gardening embodies nearly every function of his life. The E-Garden Almanac serves as the web extension of his columns, articles, and lectures.
Learn more here!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Thanks to Fort Dodge!

My thanks to the 120+ gardeners that turned out on a cold, wet day yesterday for my lecture at the Fort Dodge Area Gardeners' Spring Seminar. What a great group of energetic and spirited folks! You inspired me with your smiles, ideas, and thoughts of spring.

Thanks also to Hans Madsen at the Fort Dodge Messenger for writing this article about the event. I really believe that the more people see and hear about gardening, the more it will become a habit of our society instead of just a hobby.

Best wishes to this fine group of green thumbs on future conferences and endeavors!

1 Comments:

Blogger CaySedai said...

I was there with my daughter and my niece. I really enjoyed your presentation on irises. I only knew the basic Siberian type - there are emotional ties (we lost a puppy, who was buried in the iris patch, when I was a kid).

I'm thinking about growing some irises, but I've got time to research and decide, since they should be planted in the fall. ;-)

2:25 PM, March 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home