Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

E-Garden Almanac: Herbaceous Perennials Saturday

E-Garden Almanac

The E-Garden Almanac is the push-button, real human journal of Kelly D. Norris. All errors, grammatic grievances, and opinions are that of the author. Kelly is a freelance writer and Master Gardener from southwest Iowa. His passion and obsession with horticulture, plants, and gardening embodies nearly every function of his life. The E-Garden Almanac serves as the web extension of his columns, articles, and lectures.
Learn more here!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Herbaceous Perennials Saturday

I know it's been a while since I last wrote. In fact I never really finished up my stories about GWA-2008 in Portland. The last two days were spent touring nurseries and gardens in Eugene, OR (including the famous Northwest Garden Nursery which is quite possibly one of the best gardens I've ever seen) and perusing the "inner sanctum" of Terra Nova Nurseries. Great fun on both days. To see photos and read a little about more about GWA, check out my friend Judy Glattstein's website here.

But I write today to encourage all of you in Iowa or nearby to consider attending THE Midwest gardening symposium of the year. Herbaceous Perennials Saturday began 10 years ago as the brainchild of my college advisor Cindy Haynes. The event is a superb chance for gardeners to learn about the latest and greatest perennials, how to use them, and why, and to share fellowship with gardeners from across the region. It will be held November 8 on the campus of Iowa State University in the Scheman Building. Register today by clicking here!

This year's speaking lineup includes:
William Cullina, Coastal Maine Botanical Garden
Trudi Temple
Gary Whittenbaugh, Iowa Master Gardener
Kelly Norris, Rainbow Iris Farm (<=that's me!)
Denny Schrock, Meredith Publishing


I've been attending HPS since I was a junior in high school (remember, my plant affliction started early). It's an absolute must attend event and with gas down to $1.99 (at least here in central Iowa), there's hardly an excuse not to attend! Hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home